16 Oct, 2011
Dentistry has entered into a new age of technology. State of the art dental equipment such as the Nd:YAG soft tissue laser is revolutionizing gum therapy and surgery, as we know it today.
Recent news reports are making the public aware of the new research that has linked gum disease to an increased incidence of both heart attacks and strokes. This is significant for two reasons:
- The American Dental Society (ADA) estimates that by age 35 three out of four adults develop some form or stage of gum disease.
- Ninety per cent of the population who are in need of gum treatment for moderate to severe gum disease refuse to follow through with the recommended treatment. Due to the fear of conventional gum surgery (cut and suture) and the associated side affects.
Alternative treatment is now available with “Laser ENAP ”
Dr. E. John Moreno is one of a handful of dentists in Southern California to be fully trained and certified to perform this new and patented gum therapy that greatly reduces the pain and recovery time associated with traditional gum surgery.
Laser ENAP (Excisional New Attachment Procedure) was developed and patented by Drs. Robert Gregg and Delwin McCarthy in July of 1997. This new procedure is providing phenomenal results and promises to change the standard of gum treatment much the same as arthroscopic treatment has changed open knee surgery.
The many benefits of “Laser ENAP” have included:
- Faster Healing
- Reduced Risk of Infection
- Decreased Sensitivity
- Less Time in the Dental Chair
- Less Post-Operative Pain
- Little to No Post-Operative Bleeding
- No sutures
This new procedure now provides a conservative alternative for the treatment of gum disease. If you are interested in further information or have a friend or family member that might benefit from Laser ENAP call us at our Irvine office and we will be happy to answer any questions.